Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy Twelfth Night!

Today is the 12th day of Christmas. Somewhere along the way the days of Christmas have started before Christmas, rather than before. I am looking at you, consumer America.

In my last post, oh way back in early December I talked about starting the 12 Days of Christmas cross stitch. I have done all of it but the white. I had hoped to finish today, but instead I had a very leisurely and enjoyable lunch with a couple from church. The stitching can wait. Likewise, yesterday I had a great time at Stitch with a friend from the Des Moines Modern Quilt Guild. I have a good life. Anyway, since today is twelfth night and the start of the new Downton season, I made a Galette Des Rois. I had never heard of it before, but while doing research about the 12 Days I found a recipe. I haven't tasted it yet, but it does look divine.

Happy Twelfth Night!


1 comment:

  1. Agree with you about the twelve days of Christmas. We used to leave our Christmas tree up until then, but we were definitely an anomaly! Wish I was near to visit Stitch, and then pop over to your place for some of that yummy looking Galete des Rois. I think that means King's Cake, right?

    ReplyDelete